About Our Program
In the Theatrical Dance Program at Nevada Union High School, we study several different styles of dance, including ballet, modern, contemporary jazz, character, and hip hop. We also study choreography, dance history, and dance in world cultures.
We offer classes in beginning, intermediate and advanced theatrical dance, as well as an after-school Performance Ensemble class. In the beginning levels, we have students with a wide variety of abilities. Some have never danced before, and others may have some dance training but need to focus on mastery of basic skills. Enrollment in intermediate or advanced dance is by audition only, and enrollment in Performance Ensemble requires additional rehearsals and participation in our dance concerts. We provide a variety of performance opportunities for students who are taking the class for performing art credit. The class may also fulfill the second year of P.E. credit.
2016-2017 School Year
We are very excited for the 2016-2017 School Year! Stay up-to-date with our online calendar, where you can find rehearsal and performance schedules, special events, and class activities.
For your convenience, you can now access course materials, monthly newsletters, handouts, make-up work instructions, online discussion boards, helpful links, and more on Schoology.com. Each class period will have a separate access code. Students will automatically be enrolled in the online program, and parents can email Mrs. Wadman at email@example.com for the access code to your student’s class. This new learning management system will give students and parents access to grading, course requirements, and more.
A Sneak Peak at Some 2016-2017 Special Events, Productions, and More!
- July 18-22: Summer Dance Workshops – open to the public!
- Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 30th at 6:00 p.m.
- Yard Sale Fundraiser on Saturday, September 3rd from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the District Office Parking Lot
- N.U. Walk-A-Thon on Friday, September 23
- Field Trip to Southern California – visiting four college/university dance programs and going to Disneyland – October 16 to 19
- Fall for Dance Performances: November 18 at 7:00 p.m. and November 19 at 2:00 p.m.
- Dance Tour Performances to Local Schools – November 30 and December 1
- Addams Family: The Musical – January 26, 27, 28 and February 2, 3, 4
- 15th Annual Student Choreography Showcase: February 23, 24, 25
- Performance Field Trip to the Ohlone Festival in Fremont, CA: March 17 & 18
- Auditions for the 2017-2018 School Year: Wednesday, March 29 from 2:30-6:00 p.m. in the Dance Room
- Spring Dance Concert: Assembly Performance for local schools on Wednesday, May 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Public Performances on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, May 4, 5, and 6 at 7:00 p.m. and a matinee on May 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- Concert Intime: Studio Performance in the N.U. Dance Studio on Wednesday, May 31 at 7:00 p.m.
- End-of-the-Year Dance Banquet in the N.U. Cafe on Monday, June 5th at 6:00 p.m.
- Summer Dance Workshops July 17-21